Creates a rectangular array of entities.
Associatively distributes copies of entities into any number of rows, columns and levels.
Options within the command
- Determines whether an array entity is created or a series of copies of the selected entities.Note: The default setting is saved by the ARRAYASSOCIATIVITY system variable.Note: Parameters for associative arrays can be specified with parametric expressions set in the Array properties, found in Mechanical browser, Properties panel or through the ARRAYEDIT command.
- Base point
- Sets the base point of the array. Items are placed relative to the base point.
- Specifies the number of rows and columns.
- Specifies the distance between columns and/or rows.
- Unit cell
- A rectangle is displayed dynamically. Specify a point or enter the desired column and row spacing in the dynamic entry fields. To switch back and forth between the entry fields, press Tab key.
Note: If dynamic input is on, then the width and height of the spacing rectangle are displayed.
- Specifies the number of columns and the spacing between subsequent columns.
- A mathematical formula or equation can be used to derive the value.
- Specifies the number of rows, the spacing between subsequent rows and the incremental elevation.
- Specifies the distance between subsequent columns/rows.
- Specifies the distance between the first and the last column/row.
- Incrementing elevation between rows
- Specifies the increasing or decreasing elevation for each subsequent row.
- Creates 3D arrays by specifying the number and spacing of levels.
- Specifies the distance between subsequent levels by typing a value or picking two points.
- Specifies the distance between the bottom and the top level.
- Accept the current settings and conclude the command.