Copies data from attributes to a text file through the Command line.
Note: The template .txt file must exist before this command is used. See the ATTEXT command for the format of this file.
There are two methods to use –ATTEXT command:
- Select entities: the Attribute Extract Template File dialog box displays.
- Extract as Dxf/Cdf/Sdf: the Attribute Extract Output File dialog box displays.
- select Entities
- Specifies the entities from which will extract attribute value.
Note: If you select blocks without attributes and non-block entities, BricsCAD ignores them. If you ignore this option by entering DXF, SDF, or CDF directly, then BricsCAD selects all attributes in the drawing.
- extract attributes as Dxf
- Exports the attribute values in a partial DXF format.
Note: This format is meant for use with other computer programs that can read .dxx files (DXf eXtraction).
- extract attributes as Cdf
- Exports the attributes with commas separating values.
Note: : This format is meant for use with spreadsheets and databases.
- extract attributes as Sdf
- Exports the attributes in fixed-width format.
Note: This format is meant for use in word processors.