Creates a block with an exploded representation of the current assembly.
Creates a block with an exploded representation of the current assembly. This block can be inserted at any location.
- Local mechanical components based on blocks and solids, and mechanical external references are fully supported in exploded views.
- Non-mechanical entities are also supported, making it possible to create exploded views without creating a mechanical assembly first.
You can create an exploded view using the entire model as selection set or specify a set of parts to create an exploded view from.
Two levels of the exploded representation are supported: top and bottom. Top-level means that the assembly will be exploded down to top level components. Bottom-level means that the assembly will be exploded down to bottom level components.
The steps to create an exploded representation are automatically completed and are displayed in the Mechanical Browser. You can add, delete and reorder the steps from the Mechanical Browser. Animate a single step of an explosion or the entire sequence.
- Table by types
- Groups identical parts on the same row and different parts on different rows.
- Automatically creates exploded representations of assemblies in a given direction, taking into account possible physical collisions between components.
- Allows you to define or select the linear exploded representation's direction.
- Allows you to select an axial entity and sets the direction parallel to that entity.
- Uses the previous axis as the representation direction.
- Allows you to specify a point on view direction axis.
- Sets the exploded representation direction parallel to the X axis of the current UCS.
- Sets the exploded representation direction parallel to the Y axis of the current UCS.
- Sets the exploded representation direction parallel to the Z axis of the current UCS.
- Automatically determines the directions for each part, taking into account possible physical collisions between components.
- enable Leader follower
- Enables the detection of parts that should move in a coherent manner. If enabled, parts that are inserted into other parts will follow the movement of the base parts they are inserted into.
- use Current projection for gap
- Enables the gap calculation with respect to the current camera orientation. It minimizes the probability that some parts will be hidden by other parts on a 2D view with the current camera orientation.
- Enables automatic gap calculation.
- Selects the manual mode. This creates an exact copy of the assembly, ready to create a customized exploded view.
- Updates solids and block references in exploded view block with model space objects.
- Gives access to the command settings.
- If selected, the assembly will be exploded using only top-level components.
- Returns to the previous prompt.
- If selected, the assembly will be exploded down to bottom-level components.
- set Name
- Sets the name for the exploded representation.
- set Mode
- Lets you change the selection filter mode in order to include or exclude non-mechanical entities.
Note: The default selection filter mode is set by the BOMFILTERSETTINGS system variable whose default value is to include only mechanical components, blocks and solids.
- ExClude components/Components
- Excludes/includes non-mechanical local components, blocks and solids.
- Xrefs as Transparent/Xrefs
- Treats/doesn't treat external references as transparent.
- EXclude xrefs/Xrefs as Transparent
- Excludes/includes non-mechanical external references.
- Exclude Others/Others
- Excludes/includes solids and block references.
- Ignore bom status/Respect bom status
- Ignores/respects the BOM status.
- Stop at Leaf Parts
- When OFF, and the mode is configured to include non-mechanical objects, non-mechanical objects in bottom-level parts will be treated as separate parts. If a component contains a mix of solids and other components, the solids will be included in exploded views.
- Opens the exploded representation for editing.
- Generate drawing views
- Generates drafting views from an exploded representation.
- Concludes the command.