Adds or removes volume from a solid by moving highlighted faces.
Adds volumes to or removes volume from a solid using the cursor movement or direct distance input. You can use this command to edit any face of a 3D solid or a surface. You can select more faces or detected boundaries. Press Enter to complete the selection set.
Note: Plies of multiply compositions are selectable if the Select Faces of the SELECTIONMODES system variable is set.
The selected geometry moves dynamically. Using the Manipulator you can do one of the following:
- You can press the TAB key to select a different reference face. All faces which are parallel to the face being push/pulled are recognized, beginning with the first ones. Press and hold the SHIFT key when pressing the TAB key to cycle reference faces in reverse order. To select a reference face on a different solid, move the cursor over that face, then hit the TAB key. The selected face is highlighted.
- Click a point in the model.
- Type a value in the dynamic distance field.
- Move the cursor to adjust the value in the dynamic distance field. You can optionally zoom in/out to set the snap increment size of the ruler.
Options within the command
- Enable subtract
- Solids being push/pulled are subtracted from other 3D solids they intersect.
- Disable subtract
- Solids being push/pulled are not subtracted from other 3D solids they intersect.
Note: When the system variable DMPUSHPULLSUBTRACT = 1, the solid being pushpulled is subtracted from interfering solids. Pressing the Ctrl key allows you to override the DMPUSHPULLSUBTRACT system variable.
Note: If the Hotkey Assistant (HKA) is ON the Hotkey Assistant widget displays, indicating whether the command is in subtract mode or not.