Creates 3D solids or surfaces by revolving 2D entities about an axis.
Revolves open or closed 2D entities, solid edges, faces of 3D solids, regions or closed boundaries into 3D solids or 3D surfaces.
- The SELECTIONPREVIEW system variable must be set to 2 or 3 to highlight faces.
- Depending on the value of the DELOBJ system variable, the source entities are either retained or deleted, or else you are prompted whether you want the entities deleted or not.
There are two methods to revolve entities:
- Create 3D solids.
- Create surfaces.
Options within the command
- Allows you to create either solids or surfaces.
- Creates a 3D solid.
- Creates a 3D surface.
- Uses the X axis of the current coordinate system as the axis of rotation.
- Uses the Y axis of the current coordinate system as the axis of rotation.
- Uses the Z axis of the current coordinate system as the axis of rotation.
- Specify the start point and end point of the axis of revolution.
Note: If the resulting 3D entity is self-intersecting, an error will occur.
- Specifies the axis of rotation by selecting an axial entity of the object.
- Uses the last entered axis for rotating the entities.
- Uses the current view as the axis for rotating the entities.
Note: The axis of rotation is parallel to the direction of view, passing through the picked point.
- Angle of revolution
- Specifies how far around the source entity is rotated about the axis.Note: You can specify the angle of revolution dynamically, using the Manipulator, or typing a value.
- Move the mouse to specify the angle direction.
The result depends on the extrusion direction and the value of the four Extrude mode system variables: EXTRUDEOUTSIDE, EXTRUDEINSIDE, INTERSECTEDENTITIES and UNITESURFACES.
- The 3D solid is subtracted from each interfering existing solid.
- Regardless of the revolving direction, a new 3D solid is created.
- The new 3D solid is unified with each interfering existing solid.
- Both sides
- Revolves in both directions.
Note: If the HOTKEYASSISTANT system variable is ON, the Hotkey Assistant widget displays. Repeatedly press the Ctrl key during the dynamic display of the extrusion to cycle the various options:
- : Auto
- : Create
- : Subtract
- : Unite
- : Auto
- : Create