Changes the 3D viewpoint.
Alias: -VIEWPOINT, -VP, -VPOINT, VIEWPOINT
Changes the 3D viewpoint to change the view of the model through specifying several options.
Note: It is faster, and easier, to use the LookFrom widget to change the 3D viewpoint.
Right-click in the drawing area to open the Set Viewpoint dialog box.
Note: The dialog box opens only if perspective is off.
Options within the command
- Set view point
- Specifies the viewpoint by entering coordinates in the Command line or by specifying a point in the drawing.
- Changes the viewpoint by specifying angles.
- Plan view
- Displays the plan view of the current UCS. See the PLAN Command.
- Sets the perspective property of the viewport.
- perspective ON
- Turns on perspective viewing mode. Objects further away look smaller.
- perspective OFf
- Turns off perspective viewing mode, returning back to orthogonal viewing mode.
- Front clipping
- Sets the front clipping plane which obscures objects located between it and the camera.
- frONt clipping on
- Switch on front clipping at the current clipping distance.
- front clipping OFf
- Switch off front clipping.
- Back clipping
- Sets the back clipping plane which obscures objects behind it.