Executes a single dimension command at the 'Dimensioning command:' prompt.
Allows to create a single type of dimension, as specified in the Command line.
Options within the command
- Places horizontal linear dimensions, same as the DimLinear command.
- Places vertical dimensions, same as the DimLinear command.
- Places linear dimensions that are aligned to entities, same as the DimAligned command.
- Places angular dimensions that measure angles, same as the DimAngular command.
- Places leaders, same as the DimLeader command.
- Changes the angle of extension lines, same as the DimEdit command.
- Places linear dimensions at an angle, same as the DimLinear command.
- Places marks at the centers of circles and arcs, same as the DimCenter command.
- Places diameter dimensions on circles and arcs, same as the DimDiameter command.
- Places radial dimensions on circles and arcs, same as the DimRadius command.
- Places multiple linear and angular dimensions from the same base point, same as the DimBaseline command.
- Continues linear and angular dimensions from the last endpoint, same as the DimContinue command.
- Places x and y ordinate measurements from an origin point, same as the DimOrdinate command.
- Repositions the dimension text, same as the DimTEdit command.
- Spaces selected dimensions equally. There are two options between which to chose how the dimensions will be distributed.
- Distributes equally all the dimensions selected.
- All selected dimensions are distributed at a specified offset distance.
- UPdate dimensions
- Applies the current dimension style to a selection of dimension entities; see Apply option of the -DimStyle command.
- variable STatus
- Lists the status of all dimension variables in the Prompt History window.
- Overrides the values of the current dimension style, same as DimOverride command.
- Opens the Drawing explorer | Dimension styles dialog box which allows you and modifying dimension styles, same as the DIMSTYLE command.
- Sets a different layer for the default layer on which dimensions are draw.
Note: Dimensions are created on the layer which is specified by the DIMLAYER system variable.