Imports the geometry from external files into the current drawing.
Opens the Import file dialog box to select a supported file type to import into the current drawing.
The supported file types to import are:
- Drawing Exchange Format (.dxf; .dwg)
- Windows Metafile Formats* (.wmf; .emf; .wmz; .emz)(1) (2)
- Collada (.dae)
- Micro Station DGN File (.dgn)
Formats available with the BIM add-on:
- Wavefront Object file (.obj)
- Rhino file (.3dm)(1) (2)
- SketchUp file (.skp)(1) (2)Note: The Trimble SketchUp files are imported as subdivision meshes (entities are imported as named blocks, render material definitions and the material mappings are imported on the meshes). The CONVTOSOLID and CONVTOMESH commands provide easy conversion between meshes and solids.
- IFC file (.ifc; .ifczip)
- Revit family (.rfa)When a Revit family contains multiple types, the Select Family Type dialog box displays, which enables you to import the preferred type of the Revit family. The RFA files attributes are also imported.
- Revit Project (.rvt)
(1) Not available in BricsCAD for Linux.
(2) Not available in BricsCAD for macOS.
More 3D format files are available through a separate module, BricsCAD Communicator. You can download it from the Bricsys website.
The import and export procedures using Communicator are controlled through a series of user preferences. See the Communicator section in the Settings dialog box.
Materials copied to the document material library will not be erased with Undo operations.